BFC Servings Reminder

BFC Servings Reminder
15/6 = 15 grams sugar/6 carb servings
Carb serving (no more than 2 per meal)
5 grams - 20 grams = 1 serving
20 grams - 40 grams = 2 servings
Eat no more than 40 grams carbs and 5 grams sugar per meal!


Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday - Oct. 17th

Hello everyone!  It's Monday evening and I just thought I'd pop on and check in.  My 14 day Fast Track officially ended yesterday although I still have not had any grain carbs.  I think I stayed on it pretty well.  I definitely did not have any grain carbs for the full 14 days, except I did not give up my Benefiber.  I tried to give it up and get my fiber from vegetables  but I could not eat enough.  I also did not realize that green beans were not allowed on FT and I did have those the first week too!   This past week I broke down and added the coconut bread back in.  I really missed the lemon coconut bread in the morning and also the coconut chocolate cookies that I make my son.   I know coconut flour is allowed on FT but the eating of baked goods just seemed wrong.   So,all in all for me,  the FT did not seem to make much difference in my weight loss.  I lost 2lbs in the beginning and then gained them back somehow.  I haven't weighed myself again on my "official" scale since last Wednesday and will do an official weigh in this Wednesday.   I do feel like eating without grains was not that difficult to do.  I don't think I'll stick to it 100% though.  I don't think I eat that many grain carbs as it is, but I might want a piece of toast with my eggs now and then, or a pizza for lunch made with St. Joseph's Pitas.   The weird thing about this eating plan is that even though I've been stuck on a certain weight for awhile I'm still going down in clothes sizes.  How can that be?  It's weird and I don't really get it.  I think I will just keep going the way I've been going and even it it takes me a whole year or longer I will finally get to my goal weight of 150lbs.    By the way I have been loving the different recipes people have been putting on their blogs.  Yesterday I made those Pumpkin muffins that Amber had posted and I have to tell you they were VERY good.  I got 11 medium sized muffins out of her recipe and they came out very moist and delicious.  I also made the chocolate/mascarpone candies that Dawn had linked on one of her blogs.  I had to use the Simply Lite candy bar melted down for the chocolate coating on the candies though since the cocoa powder coating didn't work for me.   I also just saw a post about Republic of Tea selling Apple Cider Tea!  Doesn't that sound perfect for Fall?!  I think I might have to try it.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, I think you did great for sticking with the FT for the whole 2 weeks. Like you I don't really eat that many grains anymore either. But I agree with you that a pc of bread or something once in a while is fine. Just keep doing the BFC and you will reach that 150 in no time.
    I wish you happy scales on Wednesday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though the scale is not moving much it is awesome that your clothes are getting smaller :) I also didn't realize that we couldn't have green beans on ft and I ate them the first week to. Apple cider tea sounds wonderful please share what you think of it. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth. I feel like I've missed so much since I've been away. Good job on sticking with the FT for 2 weeks. I have to get back on track, as I think th scale will be up a bit tomorrow when I weigh in. I miss my blogging buddies and I'm glad to be back in touch! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes ma'm, I'd LOVE some apple cider tea!! Here in Florida, it is supposed to get all the way down to 53* Friday night...I better pull out the ol' electric blanket! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a zillion comments for you ;-) I got that Apple Cider Tea the first T-day on I was on BFC! It wasnt as good as I thought it would be, but Id just given up sugar. So Ill try it again.

    I have heard lots of ppl say they notice clothing fitting different w/o the scale changing on Jorge's plan. I dont know why, unless its just puffiness? But just a days into FT and I was noticeably de-puffed myself.

    I am so pleased you like the muffins!! Yeah coconut flour. You are so funny about it feeling like its a cheat. Its not! I was just going to do FT for a month, because that is all I thought I could survive. But I think Ill do more... but lets get through Oct first!

    Oh and I LOVE that your sharing your food log on My Fitness Pal! Awesomeness...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth congrats on making it through the 14 days on the FT I kind of feel like a loser not making it. I think it would have been easier if I had the coconut bread the whole time. Thanks for helping out on getting my post to work. I had to download the google chrome. I was worried that I would never be able to post again. I would love to get your chocolate cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it, Beth! I'm in the same boat-- the S.S. Plateau! I just can't seem to break through. But we'll show that stupid plateau, won't we? Our persistence will smash it to pieces! :) Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete