BFC Servings Reminder

BFC Servings Reminder
15/6 = 15 grams sugar/6 carb servings
Carb serving (no more than 2 per meal)
5 grams - 20 grams = 1 serving
20 grams - 40 grams = 2 servings
Eat no more than 40 grams carbs and 5 grams sugar per meal!


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday - June 29, 2011

So it is Wednesday which means weigh-in day for me.  I'm kind of glad I started this BFC on a middle of the week day instead of the usual Monday that I've used in the past.  Wednesday just seems like a more ordinary day to weigh in, and for me, doesn't have the stress of the big Monday weigh in I always used to do.  Anyway, this morning I weighed in at 179lbs.  I'm very happy with that because I feel like I've been stuck arournd 181lbs for a few weeks.   Now I'm thinking about what finally caused the loss, so I can keep it up!  Could have been all the walking I did last week while we were in Busch Gardens.  I really should make walking part of my daily routine!.  Also I decided to try cutting the high fat food that I'd been eating too much of like salami, bacon, and my "go to" snack, Slim Jims.   Another thing I discovered is that if I eat eggs for breakfast I stay full much longer.  Yesterday I made an omelet out of two eggs, diced canadian bacon, a half slice diced onion and cheese.   I wasn't hungry for lunch until 1:30pm and then I had some fresh mozzerella on eight crackers (8 crackers = 18carbs), with some chopped up basil and a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, & garlic powder.  That held me until dinner.   I really think eggs in the morning was the key though.  When I go with the Uncle Sam's cereal in the morning, I'm hungry soon after.  I also think you have to have a "go to" snack if you ever get too hungry between meals.   This week my "go to" snack became a decaff coffee with stevia and cream.  That seems to hold me until the next meal.  Before this week I was randomly popping almonds and walnuts when I got hungry (or those Slim Jims) and I think those can add up to too many carbs  without you really realizing it.   My recent college graduate son is doing this diet also and he finally found a snack that he can go to when he is craving something sweet. (everyone needs their own I think)  He dumps a kool aide package into about a cup of water and then adds stevia for sweetness.  It makes a syrup.  Then he shaves ice and pours a bit of his concoction on top.  Instant no sugar sno-cone!  These seem to satisfy him between meals.

Supposed to be hot in Maryland today so I may take my two teenagers to see the movie "Super Eight"  Heard it was good.  That's it until next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment